Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Restaurant Recommendation: Korea House

When I first moved to East Lansing, I had no idea where I could find great authentic ethnic foods or if it even exists. Coming from Sterling Heights, a very diverse city filled with many great local ethnic restaurants, I couldn't bare to live without the taste of some truly authentic cuisine. So, my mission began. I started searching the internet on sites such as Restaurant Db. Over the last 3 years at MSU, I've had the chance to try many of these wonderful and not so wonderful restaurants.

One resturant that really stood out is Korea House. I've tried Sushi-Q located on Grand River and Charlie Kang, also located on Grand River next to Urban Outfitters, but they do not compare to Korea House (map). If you are new to Korean cuisine, I would recommend the Soon Dubu Chigae (a spicy tofu seafood soup with silken tofu), Bulgogi (a sweet marinated thin sliced beef served on a sizzling plate), or Stone Bowl Bibimbap (rice with assorted veggies and minced beef served in a sizzling hot stone bowl). Here are pictures of each for your viewing pleasure. (^v^)

No comments: